When traveling with children under 3 to Disney World, they are going to need a place to sleep. While some parents might be able to share a bed with their children under 3, neither myself nor my kids would get any sleep if we tried that! You have a few options when it comes to sleeping arrangements for your Disney vacation:
1) At Disney resorts, neither full sized cribs nor toddler beds are available.
- Some Disney moderate and deluxe resorts have travel cribs available. They are smaller than a full sized crib, but larger than a Pack ‘n Play. Disney will not guarantee that one of these cribs will be available for your use.
2) If you are staying at a Disney resort, Pack ‘n Plays are available free of charge.
- They are basic Graco Pack ‘n Plays. They measure approximately 27″ by 39″ and are a few inches off the ground. The sides are breathable mesh, and they have a small padded mattress.
- You can request a Pack ‘n Play when placing your reservation, or by calling (407) W-DISNEY.
- If you forget to request a Pack ‘n Play before you arrive, you can ask for it at check-in.
- If you are staying in a villa at a Disney resort, the Pack ‘n Play will be located in the closet, and there is no need to request it beforehand.
- The Pack ‘n Play will come with one sheet. Mousekeeping will generally not change the Pack ‘n Play sheet daily, but feel free to leave a note if you need an extra.
- Disney will guarantee that your family has a Pack ‘n Play during your stay.
- Feel free to bring your own sheets.
- If your child has never slept in a Pack ‘n Play, you might want to take a practice run at home. (Ask friends and family, I’m sure someone has one that you can borrow. If you can’t find one, many major retailers will have them on display and you can at least look at them.)
3) Bed rails are also available at all Disney resorts.
- You can request bed rails when placing your reservation, or by calling (407) W-DISNEY.
- If you forget to request bed rails before you arrive, you can ask for them at check-in, but they are only available in limited quantities.
- On our most recent Disney resort stay, I had no problem getting three bed rails: one for each side of the bed, and one for the foot of the bed.
4) If you’d prefer a regular crib or toddler bed, consider renting from an offsite company. They will deliver cribs to your resort, hotel, or vacation home, and bedding can be included. The two most recommended and well known companies for crib rentals in the Orlando area are:
- Orlando Crib Rental: Offers full sized cribs, toddler beds, and bed rails
- A Baby’s Best Friend: Offers full sized cribs, toddler beds, bassinets, folding cots, and bed rails
5) Don’t forget, if you are staying at an offsite resort, hotel, or vacation home, be sure to ask if cribs, toddler beds, or bed rails are available before renting items.