For guests flying into Orlando International Airport (MCO), Disney offers a convenient free shuttle service called the Magical Express. It provides transportation from the airport to your Disney resort in comfortable motor coaches. If you are staying at a Disney resort, I highly recommend using it, because it frees parents of infants and toddlers from having to juggle their luggage or deal with hauling car seats to Florida.
Here’s how it works:
1) When booking your Disney vacation, you will reserve your complimentary ride on the Magical Express.
2) A month before your vacation, your Magical Express package will be mailed to you. It contains your boarding passes and yellow Magical Express luggage labels.
3) On your arrival day, you’ll check in at your home airport and check your bags with the yellow Magical Express labels attached to them, then board your flight.
4) When you arrive at Orlando International Airport and you’ll go to the Magical Express Welcome Desk, located on the first floor of the airport’s side B.
5) You’ll board Disney’s Magical Express and watch a video about your Disney vacation, while it transports you to your resort.
6) Your luggage will be magically be delivered to your resort room.
7) The day before your vacation ends, you’ll receive your Magical Express information for your return trip, delivered to your resort room. Your scheduled trip back to the airport will be 3 hours before your flight departs (domestic) or 4 hours before your flight departs (international).
8) On your departure day, you’ll bring your luggage to Disney’s Magical Express pickup area and you’ll board the motor coach to return to Orlando International Airport. On select airlines, you’ll be able to check in to your flight before you leave your Disney resort.
A few notes:
- Car seats are prohibited on Disney’s Magical Express.
- It may take several hours from the time you arrive at your resort to your luggage being delivered. Make sure you have enough stuff in your carry on bag.
- Disney’s Magical Express service is only available for guests staying at Disney hotels. These hotels on Disney property are excluded: WDW Swan, WDW Dolphin, Shades of Green, and the hotels located on Hotel Plaza Boulevard.
- Disney’s Magical Express service only operates between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Disney World. If you are flying into a different airport, you will not be able to use it.
- If you didn’t get enough luggage labels in your Magical Express package (or you have lost them), simply call for more and they will mail them.
- If you are arriving after 10pm, you’ll need to get your own luggage upon arrival at Orlando International Airport.
- If you didn’t make a reservation for Disney’s Magical Express, but still want to use it, simply visit the Magical Express Welcome Center at Orlando International Airport when you arrive.
- The entire process from the time your flight lands until you arrive at your resort usually takes between 2 and 3 hours.
- It is customary to tip the Magical Express driver.