With the expansion of Fantasyland at Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Disney introduced the first interactive queue at Dumbo the Flying Elephant.
Here’s how it works:
1) Enter the line at Dumbo the Flying Elephant and wait until you reach the interactive play area.
2) A Cast Member will give you a pager, the same as what you receive while waiting at a restaurant for your table to be ready.
3) Play, play, play!
4) When the pager goes off, return your pager to the Cast Member and wait in the remainder of the line to experience the attraction.
What I liked about the play area at Dumbo:
1) It’s air conditioned!
2) Play areas are divided into sections by age.
3) Seating for parents (although the wooden bleachers were not the most comfortable!) The toddler area has plush seating that puts you closer to your young children.
4) Definitely made the wait go quickly, and gave me a chance to relax for a few minutes.
5) Lots of fun surprises (when kids go down the slide or across the net, there are sound and lighting effects.)
6) Great circus tent theme.
Acoustically, it was loud inside. Not just loud, but very loud. Nevertheless, I hope Disney continues to add more interactive queues as they continue to expand and re-imagine themselves.
Here’s a few preview photos:
Please take a second to hit the “Tack It” button below this post. This allows you to tack my images straight to Disnify.com. If you aren’t familiar with Disnify.com, it’s brand new! See my post on it here.