Are you heading to Disney World while you are pregnant? Congratulations! Rest assured, pregnancy will not stop you from enjoying many of Disney’s famous attractions. In this 4 part series, I’ll cover each park with recommended attractions. Below, I’ve listed each attraction, as well as a few helpful hints. Let’s start our journey at the Magic Kingdom.
Highly recommended attractions during pregnancy:
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- It’s a Small World
- Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Jungle Cruise
- Country Bear Jamboree
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Astro Orbiter
- Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- The Hall of Presidents
- Haunted Mansion
- Carousel of Progress
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Character Meet and Greets
- Street Parties and Parades
Sometimes recommended attractions during pregnancy:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: This boat ride has a moderate drop in the middle of the attraction.
- Swiss Family Treehouse: A walking tour of the Robinson’s home, depending on your stage of pregnancy, you may not want to climb the 116 steps in this attraction.
- Tom Sawyer Island: An island attraction themed after Mark Twain’s writings. You’ll need to be able to navigate navigate bridges, stairs, and uneven terrain.
- Mad Tea Party: Depending on the amount of nausea you experience during your pregnancy, riding in a spinning teacup might make it worse.
- Casey Junior Splash ‘n Soak Station: A great place to cool down in the heat, if you don’t mind getting wet.
Never recommended attractions during pregnancy: The following attractions are a concern during pregnancy because of the rapid starts and stops, jarring forces, and pressures against the body.
- Splash Mountain
- Space Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- The Barnstormer
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Tomorrowland Speedway
Please note, this is not medical advice and you should consult your doctor before your trip. Having spent nearly three years straight pregnant, and visited the theme parks weekly during this time, you’ll find plenty to do during your trip. Join me next time as we continue our journey to Disney’s Epcot, and be sure to read my other posts on pregnancy.