In Part 3 of our recommended attractions for children under age 3, we head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you haven’t already, be sure to read Part 1, Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Part 2, Disney’s Epcot. Below, I’ve listed each attraction, as well as a few helpful hints.
Highly recommended attractions for children under age 3:
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure
- Studio Backlot Tour
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty and the Beast
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage
- Magic of Disney Animation
- Character Meet and Greets
- Street Shows and Parade
Sometimes recommended attractions for children under age 3:
- The Great Movie Ride: An 18 minute ride through classic movie scenes. A few scenes have scary props (aliens, the Wicked Witch, gun shots) but these sections only last a few minutes. I recommend just holding your toddler close, your infant is likely to do well. Once you board the ride, you must wait until the end to leave.
- The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow: A walkthrough presentation with projected images. Your infant or toddler will be fine if they don’t mind pirates.
- Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream: An attraction presenting historical Disney exhibits. If you don’t mind carrying your child, it is interesting. The attraction ends with a short movie about Walt Disney, that is easily bypassed if your child will not sit still.
- Muppet Vision 3D: A 3D movie featuring the muppets, with a few loud noises. If you need to leave early, you can do so easily.
- American Idol Experience: A replica of the television show. Your toddler may not want to stay in their seat. If you do need to leave early, exiting through the rear of the theater is easy.
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show: A stage show with bleacher seats. If you can get your toddler to stay still, it is a great show with lots of action. Exiting the show early is not difficult if you need to leave. Infants should have no problems with the show.
- Lights, Motor, Action! Stunt Show: Another stage show with bleacher seats. Again, if your toddler will sit through it, it is action packed. Exiting at the rear of the theater is easy. Infants should have no problems with the show.
Never recommended attractions for children under age 3:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue: 40″ minimum height requirement
- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster: 48″ minimum height requirement
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: 40″ minimum height requirement
If there are attractions listed above that you and other members of your party would like to experience, be sure to view my post on Disney’s Rider Switch Service. To wrap this series up, continue reading with our last stop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.