In Part 4 of this four part series, we end our journey at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Be sure to read Part 1, Disney’s Magic Kingdom; Part 2, Disney’s Epcot; and Part 3, Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Below, I’ve listed each attraction, as well as a few helpful hints.
Highly recommended attractions for children under age 3:
- Wildlife Express Train – Strollers must be folded if you bring them on the train.
- Exhibits and Affection Section at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail*
- Maharajah Jungle Trek*
- Discovery Island Trails*
- The Boneyard
- TriceraTop Spin
- Flights of Wonder
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Character Meet and Greets
- Street Performers
*These walking trails are paved and stroller friendly.
Sometimes recommended attractions for children under age 3:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: An attraction that features a ride through the African savanna in a tram style vehicle. The ride can be quite bumpy, especially if seated in the rear rows. Most infants and toddlers do well, just hold on tight. The tour lasts about 18 minutes, and you will not be able to get off the ride until the end.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!: This attraction is a 3D show with periods of darkness, bugs, and loud noises. It scares many toddlers, while infants do fine. You can exit the show early easily.
Never recommended attractions for children under age 3:
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain: 44″ minimum height requirement
- Kali River Rapids: 38″ minimum height requirement
- Dinosaur: 40″ minimum height requirement
- Primeval Whirl: 48″ minimum height requirement
Don’t forget, if there are attractions listed above that you and other members of your party would like to experience, be sure to view my post on Disney’s Rider Switch Service, in addition to many other posts on enjoying your Disney world vacation with infants and toddlers.